It seems like when you are on a diet everyone eats something you cant desserts included! Why feel guilty about eating dessert when you can eat this guilt free key lime pie. Who doesn’t like key lime pie? Well, I think my personal favorite is key lime cheesecake… The only problem I found is both these desserts are very high in sugar, carbs, and fat. Seeing as how this dessert is not very healthy for you I decided to make an alternative key lime dessert.
~Key lime pie~
- 64oz Container of No fat sugar free yogurt
- 3 Limes
- 1-2 Tbsp Honey
- 1-2 Tbsp Sugar substitute (IE: splenda, truvia, etc.)
- Cookies (your choice)
- Line a strainer with coffee filters, add the yogurt, put the strainer over a bowl, and cover.
- Allow the yogurt to drain for 3 days
- Zest one lime and juice 3 limes in a bowl
- After the yogurt has drained throw away the liquid from the yogurt, pour the yogurt in a bowl, add the lime juice, zest, honey, and sugar substitute (The honey is just to add more flavor. You can add any sugar substitute that you like you can even try agave)
- Put the yogurt back in the refrigerator
- Take the cookies, crush them up, and add some melted butter just enough to where it looks like wet sand. (My preference would be some lemon cookies. Although you could use graham crackers, ginger snaps, etc)
- Put the cookie mix in individual containers or a big container and bake at 350o for 5-10min.
- Cool the crust and add the yogurt.
Five years ago I created a diet that allows you to eat as much as you want and still lose weight. Keep an eye out for future posts about my diet…Do you enjoy this blog? Do you find the information helpful? Then go ahead and treat me to a coffee or send me a tip! I love Starbucks Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte. Choose any amount you wish, whatever you feel this blog is worth to you.