Dinner should be a time for the whole family to come together eat good food and talk about each others day. It seems that more and more American family’s are going away from this tradition. One big reason seems to be people want a meal that is quick, easy, and tastes good. Everyone loves to watch cooking shows on T.V. but their recipes are not always the simplest or quickest to make. From time to time there quick dinner recipes will be posted at the brio guy’s site. Let this site help you prepare quick easy recipes that your family is sure to love.
Tonight for dinner we will be making pasta with shrimp in a creamy shrimp wine sauce.
Shopping list: (Add as much or little of the ingredients as you want)
- Shrimp (Fresh or frozen)
- Pasta (any kind you like)
- Bell pepper red or green (optional)
- 1 Can on cream of shrimp soup
- White wine
Do ahead (Day before or that morning)
- Chop the onion
- Chop the bell pepper
- Chop the mushrooms
- Fill a pot of water up for the pasta (cover with a lid so nothing can fly in)
- If you purchased fresh shrimp peel and devain (or buy fresh shrimp that has already been cleaned)
- Boil a pot of water, add a small handful of kosher salt, and add pasta (If you have kids get some fun shaped pasta like Orecchiette which is shaped like an ear, bowtie, or some colorful sprial pasta.)
- Heat a skillet on high, add shrimp, onion, bell pepper, salt & pepper stir for 30sec-1min (Note: You do not want to overcook the shrimp or it will become very rubbery)
- Add the wite wine, 1-2 Tbsp of butter, and stir
- Mix in the cream of shrimip (Amount will vary depending on how man you are feeding) If it is a little thick you may want to add a little water or milk.
- By now the pasta should be al dente, drain, and add to the shrimp sauce. (al dente means “to the tooth” or “to the bite”) Click here for definition…
If you have a simple, quick, easy recipe that you want others to know about LET US KNOW. It might even get published!
- Make the recipe and take a picture of the dish
- Go to our contact page
- Send us an email with your recipe and picture