- Seared pork loin topped with a brandy cherry sauce and toasted pecans
- Roasted Garlic whipped potatoes
- Green beans with oven roasted tomatoes
If you decide you are wanting to make here is your shopping list.
- Pork loin
- 16oz pitted Cherries (canned, fresh, frozen)
- Brandy or red wine
- 2lbs potatoes
- Milk (choose:buttermilk, milk, cream)
- 1-2lbs green beans
- 5 roma tomatoes
- Parsley (optional)
One of the most important things when you have a party or guests is to be able to spend time with them. So try and make menus simple yet elegant and prep when able to. Lets go ahead and prep what we can for this meal.
- Peel potatoes, chop in quarters, submerge in water, and put in fridge
- Toast Pecans at 350o for 5-10min or until toasted
- Finely chop parsley
- Peel garlic put in small ramekin and submerge in olive oil at 200o for 2-3hrs or until golden brown
- Snap green beans
- Wash tomatoes, cut in half from top to bottom, squeeze seeds out, rub with olive oil, salt, and pepper (put in over for 6-8hrs on 200o)They will shrink to about half their size do not be surprised. Cut them into strips and then cut into a small dice.
Note: You do not have to do this the day before. Just make sure it gets done in advance before the event starts.
1hr before the meal
- Rub pork chops with olive oil, salt, and pepper (keep in orig. package just re wrap it)
- Fill a pot with water and put on stove (big enough for the potatoes)
- Fill another pot with water and put on stove (big enough for the green beans, you can steam them if you want to)
- Put a large skillet on the stove and put 1Tablespoon of olive oil in there.
30min before the meal
- Boil the potatoes until tender and then drain
- Par boil the green beans until tender
- Heat your skillet on high and sear the pork chops on both sides (Note: The inside will be slightly raw that is ok, take a cookie sheet line with foil so you have one less pan to clean, and put in the oven till its cooked thoroughly about 15min or when you finish with everything else)
- Add the roasted garlic to the potatoes, I prefer to use buttermilk but you can add what you like, add butter, salt, and pepper, then whip with a hand held mixer. IMPORTANT: taste it and adjust the seasonings
- Take the green beans lightly drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper, and toss in the roasted tomatoes
- Deglaze your pan with brandy (if you do not have brand you can use red wine or just omit the alcohol), add pitted cherries (if there is no juice you need to add 1/2C. of water), mix 1 tbsp of water with 1tsp of flour and add to pan (this is to thicken the sauce adjust as need be), add enough sugar to taste.
- Now you are ready to plate! This is the time to let the artist inside come out and let the plate be your canvas. Add the whipped potatoes (put them in a piping bag if you want a more elegant look), lay the green beans, add the pork chop (slice the pork chop on a bias cut or leave whole) and top with the cherry brandy sauce.
Now after reading this you may be saying why is there no recipe; why is it not specific… I am here to help the inner chef come out and let you be the culinary wiz I know you can be! All of this is just an outline so feel free to add an personal touches to it. Just follow this guideline and you will have a recipe for a successful luncheon.Do you enjoy this blog? Do you find the information helpful? Then go ahead and treat me to a coffee or send me a tip! I love Starbucks Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte. Choose any amount you wish, whatever you feel this blog is worth to you.