Working for the weekend
- Everyday I see a recipe, eat a dish, or see something that just sounds irresistible and I make sure I put that on my weekly dinner menu. Start getting in the habit of making a weekly dinner menu and shop accordingly. Once you get done writing your menu save it for a later use as one week you just may not feel inspired. I know writing a dinner menu does not even sound remotely fun but it will help you during the week. No more what am I going to fix and what do I have to buy…
- Do all your chopping one day during the week. Chop all your veggies, beef, or chicken, label and refrigerate or freeze.
- This is the time to wash and spin all your lettuce. Make all your dressings and vinaigrettes.
- Stir all your ingredients together for all your sauces. This way they are all ready for the day you make your big dish.
- On Sunday plan to make a roast and use your leftovers for stew or casserole for tuesday. With any of your leftover meat freeze for a later meal or use.
- Chop all your veggies for a stir fry and place in individual bags. Store all your small plastic bags in a large zip lock bag and store in the refrigerator. This way you will have dinner on the table in no time. About 15min or less!
These are just a few tips to help give you that extra jumpstart. I hope this gets you to thinking of other quick easy tips to use. If you know of other tips please share them with everyone.Do you enjoy this blog? Do you find the information helpful? Then go ahead and treat me to a coffee or send me a tip! I love Starbucks Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte. Choose any amount you wish, whatever you feel this blog is worth to you.