April 13, 2011, Posted by Brio Guy at 6:10 pm
You work all day long and then have to decide what to make for dinner… Its not always easy to come up with dishes the whole family will enjoy. The fact is we are all busy and meal planning often gets pushed to the side or forgotten about completely.
All you need are a few simply preparation and shopping ticks and you will be ready to plan your next weeks meal. By planning a head it makes it a lot easier on yourself and you will see how simple it is to make delicious mealls all week long.
For my first tip is for when you are at the grocery store.
- Buy a rotisserie chicken which will yield about 4 cups of shredded chicken. There are a lot of recipes that call for cooked chicken. So this is a great opportuinty to buy a couple of birds, freeze the leftovers, and use what you need for the night.
- Whenever I make a easy freezable dinner I make 2x the amount and freeze the other half. It makes it great for that day you dont feel like cooking. Just pop dinner in the oven…
- One of my favorite things for lunch is a big hearty sandwich. Next time you are at the deli get a variety of lunch meats, cheeses, and artisan bread. Get your delacatessin to cut small amounts of each meat and cheese. IE: roast beef, turkey breast, etc. Or to make a special quick meal have a panini for dinner.
- It makes it a lot easier to purchase frozen chicken, beef, and fish that has been individually frozen. That way all you need to do is pull out the amount you need for your meal and defrost. It speeds up your defrosting time when you only need 1-2 pieces.
- Next time you see a bag of meetballs grab a couple of bags. Now you will have mealballs and spaghetti on the table in record time. It also makes a great meatball sandwich. Just add some prego speghetti sauce, cheese, and hoggie rolls.
- Next time you chop too much onion, make too much for dinner, or just have anything extra put it in a plastic bag or reusable storage container. So when you go to the store next stock up if you havent already. Cuts down on your time so you dont have to rechop.