One of my favorite types of fish is Tilapia. It does not have a very fishy taste, is very versatile, can be found almost at any supermarket, and is great if you are on a budget. I have had tilapia in my freezer for a while now so the other night I decided to use it.
I ended up making a seared tilapia with a Serrano lime cream sauce and orzo. If you are not familiar with orzo it is a type of pasta looks like a BIG grain of rice. If you really want to get fun, use orecchiette pasta. Orecchiette is Italian when translated means little ears.
- Serrano peppers 1-2 (depends on how hot you like it)
- Heavy cream
- Orzo or orecchiette
- Yellow onion
- Chicken broth
- Roux (Click here to learn how to make roux)
- Your favorite white wine (optional)
- Heat a large skillet and add some EVO (extra virgin olive oil)
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the tilapia
- Mince the garlic and Serrano peppers, add to the skillet, sear both sides of tilapia
- Deglaze the pan with your favorite white wine
- Chop onion and add to the skillet, add pasta, 1can of chicken broth, cream, and stir in a little roux to help thicken the sauce
- Cover the pan for 10-15min until pasta is aldente
- Chiffonade some cilantro and sprinkle over your dish.